XXXXXXXXXXXX COUNTY COUNCIL - SOCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
REVIEW OF CHILD IN CARE - TO BE COMPLETED BY SOCIAL WORKER
To be read by the reviewing officer in conjunction with the case file
5. Child Protection Register Formerly/Currently - Category Currently n/a - previously At Risk Reg
6. Reason for care - Beyond parental control S2 CCA 1980
7.(a) Name of current foster carer/key worker/other carer (specify) XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX (foster parents)
(b) Please state names and ages of other children resident in the home: N/A adult children (incl foster child) only home now holidays
8. Date of placement: 22/02/1990
9. About birth parents and family. (Please state changes since last review. There is no need to repeat basic information that has not changed.)
No changes - natural mother still residing in a caravan with daughter.
Natural father continuing access 1 x 12, current progress okay.
10. Will the parent(s) be present at the review? If not why not?
11. Care Plan (including child protection issues where applicable)
12. Date of last review 01/08/1990
13. Visits since last review - A written report should be completed after each visit (B/0 Reg 8 (6)
tick appropriate box
14. Details of instructions by Courts/Committee - N/A
15. Comment from social worker on contact with the child's family
Natural fathers relationship with M remains good.
16. Nature of family's contact with the young person - frequency/who initiates/quality? What is the written access agreement?
father has set 1 x 12 access (overnight) and paternal grandparents are seen on these visits. generally renewed phone contact by mother.
17. travel arrangements. Difficulties - financial support under section 26 1980 Act.
Access arranged via voluntary diver bureau.
18. names of any other agencies involved with the family? N/A
INFORMATION ABOUT THE YOUNG PERSON
19. What does the young person understand of the family history?
M appears to know regarding his past history/appears on the surface to have come to terms with parental separation.
20. Reaction to past separation and/or moves?
Very traumatised initially within current placement.
21.Response to current care
Extremely good. He is settled and happy Foster parents give flexible and consistent pattern of parenting which has allowed M to move on in his emotional and psychological development.
22. Any religious, ethnic or cultural considerations? (give details)
None, apart from sporadic attendance with foster parents to Methodist church.
23. Court appearances and criminal offences since last review? N/A
24. Significant events since last review?
None, apart from renewed contact with mother.
25. Any other Agencies involved with the young person?Give details. N/A
26. Health Care
Date of last medical? No medical since 06/12/89
Date of last dental examination? August 1990
Comment on general health/illnesses - Good - no special illnesses to report.
28. Employment, accommodation and money
Please consider the following questions and give your recommendations.
(a) Is the placement appropriate? YES/XX
(b) Is the legal status appropriate? YES/XX
(c) Should the appointment of an independent visitor be considered? XXX/NO
(d) Please comment on the overall progress since the last review and what issues should be discussed at this review together with your recommendations.
M continues to grow in his placement, without the competition of parental attention, although still demonstrates jealousy around communications between foster parents, social worker and natural family, if feels he is missing out. M enjoys access to natural family but has mixed feelings about collection and return. M's foster parents are providing a stable and strong environment which M is responsive to well. M's steady schooling is also a reflection of his developing stability At review to also consider
Signed XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (Social Worker) Date: 08/01/91
Copyright(c) 2007 - 2020. All rights reserved.