The Blair Witch Project




                                      THE BLAIR WITCH               


The Myth and Legend of the Blair Witch started in 1785 with an old woman who immigrated over to the States from Ireland. Her name was Elly Kedward. The town she settled in was then known as "Blair".

The townspeople found out that she was luring the children into her house and drawing blood from them, and so in 1786 accused her of being a witch. Their punishment for her was to cast her out into the forest with no provisions in the middle of a harsh winter. They presumed she succumbed to the elements.....yet by the end of that winter most of the children of Blair had suddenly disappeared. The townsfolk blamed the witch and proclaimed the township of Blair and the Black Woods as cursed. The townsfolk soon abandoned Blair and vow to never mention Elly Kedward's name again.

In 1809 a rare tome called THE BLAIR WITH CULT is published. It tells of bloodletting and how the entire town of Blair is cursed by the Witch.

The abandoned township is accidently stumbled upon in 1824 when the railway is due to go through there. The new founders rename the town Burkittsville and the township is once again settled.

One year later a small girl named Eileen Treacle is pulled down by a ghostly hand into Tappy East Creek. There are 11 witnesses who watched as the small child is dragged under the shallow water. Her body is never recovered......

For thirteen days afterwards the creek is reported as being polluted with an oily substance along with masses of stick figures.  A farmer reports of having to move cattle from the creek area as cows that have drunk from it have died or had calves with birth defects.

In March 1886 another girl, Robin Weaver, is reported as missing in the woods. A search party is sent out looking for the young child. Robin returns telling of an old woman appearing to her in the forest. The woman did not walk but floated in the air. She took Robin to an old house and put her in the basement and asked her to wait whilst she left the house. Robin escaped through a window and returned to safety. The first search party out looking for Robin disappeared. A second search party was sent out looking for them and were horrified to find the first search party disemboweled and placed upon coffin rock with strange pagan symbols carved into their faces and feet. By the way the ropes were cut into their skin the second search party could tell that these atrocities took place whilst they were alive.

The second search party returned to town bringing back the sheriff with them. They discover that there is no trace of the dead bodies but the air remains heavy with the stench of death. None of the bodies were ever recovered.

In November 1940 local children start to mysteriously disappear. Between the dates of November 1940 and May 1941 a total of seven children are reported as missing.  On 25th May, 1941 an old hermit, Rustin Parr, who was known for living in an old house on a hill in the woods comes into the local Burkittsville market exclaiming mysteriously that "I've finally finished". This leads the police to hike up to his house in the woods where they discover seven children's bodies ritualistically disemboweled with pagan symbols carved upon them.

Parr told of ghost of an old woman who appeared to him in a long dark hooded cloak when he was out walking in the woods. He claimed that on occasion he would call out to her or run after her only to have her mysteriously disappear. Rustin stopped seeing the woman in the woods but was left with an eerie voice in his head that told him to do things, sometimes in strange languages. He was at first told to do strange things like sleep in the cellar for a week at a time, he could not resist this strange voice telling him what to do and soon found himself being told to go down to Burkittsville and get the first two children that he saw.

In all Parr took eight children, but only killed seven of them. He claimed that the woman in the black cloak appeared to him after he'd killed the seventh child and told him that he was finished and that he was to go into town the very next day and tell everyone what he had done. She said she would leave him alone if he did this. Parr released the last child, Kyle Brodie and cried doing so.

When the police came upon his house they found poor Kyle dazed and confused on the front porch. Kylie was unable to speak. They soon came across the bodies of the children in seven graves in the cellar. Kyle Brody never recovered from the two months in Parr's house. It was found that Kyle was forced to stand in the corner whilst a child was killed behind him. He remained institutionalized for the rest of his life until his death in 1971.

Rustin Parr was convicted and hanged........









                                                                             Copyright(C) 2007 - 2020. All rights reserved.




































                     HORROR HOME